Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Bat Mobile


I made this bat mobile for a family members birthday recently.  Halloween is her favorite holiday, and her house is all decorated for the holiday.  She loves the bat mobile, I can't wait to see where she hangs it.
For this project I made 8 bats out of ultra suede fabric I hand embroidered and hand sewed each bat.  I added a jump ring to the top of each bat to hang them.  I then made a bigger bat with its wings folded in hanging upside down from the cross bars, this bat was also hand sewn and hand embroidered.  I used a heavy upholstery thread for hanging it from the top to the 4 cross bars and for hanging the 8 little bats.  To add a bit of sparkle I used swarovski crystal beads and some nice vintage beads.  I had so much fun making this mobile, maybe I should make a couple of these mobiles to sell in my shop kathisewnsew's handmade & vintage boutique
This project started because I had to make a trip to San Francisco and I just have to have a project to work on while we drive.  So I started sewing bats from my newest batch of fabric I had just received while we drove.  Those bats became bat hair clips from my artfire shop.  From that I had the idea for the birthday gift I was making.  Here are the bat hair clips.


Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment