Saturday, November 5, 2011

Purple and gray or is it grey

I've been working on a new bag, a nice big bag.  This purse is made with a favorite color of mine which is purple, I wanted to have gray incorporated into it.  I used some luscious ultra suede I had and the process began.  I started by making the pattern, holding the fabric and seeing how it wanted to flow.  After I had the outer shell put together I went in search of the fabric for the lining (I usually have this selected way before this),  I couldn't find what I was looking for in my stash of fabric, so I knew it was time to go shopping.  Luckily I found the perfect color that I was looking for, and the print kind of has the illusion of wood (but in purple).

I put a little bit of fringe on each side below the strap.  I made this one with a long strap that is adjustable, from short enough to carry in your hand or on your shoulder to long enough to wear across your body.

 All I have to do with this one is to sew the hem of the lining, check for loose seams, threads to be trimmed, use the lint roller, check the strength of the strap.  then its off to taking pictures, editing the pics, take a few more pics, edit again.  find keywords for the purse, write description and list in my Artfire shop.
Have a great weekend, Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment