Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Steam, Spit, Spatter, and Burn

Over the weekend I was starting a new purse, its a cute little wristlet in a funky pattern of greens pink & yellow. As I was ironing the piece to add the zipper I hear this odd noise, kind of like sparking I look over and its steaming really bad as I pick it up it spits all over the place and my little piece of fabric is burned. Oh well, I start over and as I am ironing the new piece it just isn't getting a nice crisp line. I finish what I am doing. The next day I go to start sewing and I turn on my iron to get ready, a few minutes later I come to check it and it just doesn't seem to be pressing right. So I pick it up and put my hand about 6 - 8 inches away and I feel no heat, I slowly move my hand closer, then I tap it and nothing. I try plugging it in somewhere else still nothing.


alisons wristlet almost done
Well, I figured out how to add pictures.....Yeaaa. This is a little bag I'm making for my daughter in law for her birthday. This little bag I designed and made, it would be great for a little wristlet to carry around, a cosmetic bag or a gift for someone filled with a few of there favorite things.
I have gone online and found a great iron at a great price. I ordered a oreck corded cordless steam iron, .......................... in PINK. How cool is that. I need to go check to see if anyone is seeing my purses and jewelry at http://www.artfire.com/users/kathisewnsew or on ebay my username is kathisewnsew . Go check out my stuff, I hope you like it. just a quick question if someone reads this, how can I tell if anyone is seeing this? Is there a counter somewhere that I am missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment