Saturday, July 24, 2010

Quick & Easy Strawberry Cookies

I found this recipe  for cake mix cookies one day when I was looking for something sweet to make but it couldn't have flour (because I was out) and I came across this recipe.  The first time I made them I used a golden cake mix  and I didn't add anything to them but when they were done I put this yummy brownie frosting, they were so good.  So today I am making them with a strawberry cake mix and I added some strawberries.  I used 5 strawberries (cleaned, destemmed, and diced up) put them in a little pot added 1 Tbls. orange juice (because thats what I had) and 1 tsp. sugar (optional) cooked over low heat for 3-5 min. stir them often and squish them down.  You could use strawberry jam if you don't have fresh berries.   Let cool.  add the strawberry mixture to the prepared cookie dough, mix together.  Bake as directed on the recipe.  Oh yummy, first batch is done, they smell amazing and such a pretty pink color.
















No comments:

Post a Comment