Friday, July 15, 2011

Making collections on Artfire

As I was making a collection on Artfire recently I noticed there were so many great items I wouldn't use.  Here are some of the reasons this happens.
no banner in shop ~ I wont use them because if they can't take the time to have a banner I wont take the time to add them to my collections. There is no reason not to have one, if your setting up shop you should put something up you can buy one fairly inexpensively or learn to make one.
no avatar in shop ~ same thoughts on this as I had about the banner, buy it or learn to make one.
haven't checked in for more than a week ~ I want to put items in my collection from someone that is active in their shop.  This one I do look at other things when this comes to my attention.  If they are a pro shop they have policies, bio, banner, avatar I may overlook the check in. I think the check in is totally a personal choice and although I do it and I think customers like it I wont always omit just for that. 
adding coins, measuring tape etc in picture to show size ~ its a great idea to have these pictures for customers to see, but don't use them as your first picture.
blurry pictures ~ if your first picture is blurry, I wont use your item in my collection. I know doing pictures for a lot of us is something to continue working on, I'm always working to make them better.  Listen to advise from others, try all things because you never know what will work for you. A great resource is this Photography Guide for Products  on Artfire.
no bio ~ no excuse for not having this done.
no policies or very vague policies ~ basics you should have are shipping, payment, returns, how to contact you.  you should try and think of anything your customer will want to know and address it here.  Always check your policies every month or two to see if there is anything to update, or get rid of.
These are the main things I look at when I'm putting together a collection.

My favorite place to be, California coast June 2011

Have a great weekend, Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment