Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pinterest

Pinterest is one of my newest thing I do online.  Its a place to find and collect pictures, ideas, recipes and so much more and sort them into categories or boards as they are called on pinterest.  Some of my boards are: ladybugs, diy, just because I like it, ideas for my sewing room.  And I can add anything to each of these and other boards I have, I can pin things from the pinterest site, I can pin things from my shop, or blog, or anyplace on the internet.  Here is a link to my boards on pinterest.   I have also created a board for the Artfire California crafters guild which I am a member of.  All of the items in that board are made here in California.
Yes, you do need an invite, but that's easy enough, you can request one through pinterest, I've heard that may take 2 or 3 days but I'm not sure about that.  Or you can ask a pinterest member for an invite, all you need is a email address and you get them to send you an invite and you get in that way pretty quick.  When I got mine, my daughter sent me an invite and I was in that day.  
So here is an example of something I found on pinterest that I did.
It sure is colorful and tasty.  Here is my version.
This is before frosting.  I made a luscious lemon frosting to put on it.  We take off slices and spread it with the lemon frosting and it is really good.  There are a couple things I would do different if I made them again, but I think I would make it again.  Enjoy your day, Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment