Sunday, April 27, 2014

Food and Recipes ~ Lemony Salmon Burgers

I am new to preparing seafood. Not that I never cooked fish but that I have never prepared fish other than pre breaded fish fillets that you just heat and eat. I bought a large fillet of salmon I divided it into 3 portions, I packaged and froze two of them and I made a salmon dish with the first. This recipe I am going to make is from one of the frozen packages. I am actually looking forward to making this recipe.
I thought making a burger from the frozen fish would be a good choice and its something I think the three of us will eat.  I found this recipe called lemony salmon burgers, I have all the ingredients except the seafood seasoning (note to self look for seafood seasoning next time I go shopping), I will sub salt, pepper and garlic salt.
Lemony Salmon Burgers
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet, cut into chunks
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
1 lemon, juiced
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
DIRECTIONS:
1.Place salmon chunks, parsley, bread crumbs, green onion, seafood seasoning, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper in a food processor. Pulse until salmon is chopped. Shape salmon mixture into four patties.
2.Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pan-fry patties until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.


I will come back and update with how I think it tasted, how easy or difficult it was to prepare and what I served with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment