Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Hooks and Stitches

The last month has been great, besides sewing, crocheting and working on my shop. I've gotten to spend several days a week playing I mean baby sitting this lil one.

She is my only grandchild and I spoil the heck out of her. This is me and lil one.  
So, what else have I been creating?
 I made these cute zipper bags, they can be used for a variety of things. 

* cosmetic or make-up bag
* store medication
* travel games, dice, cards, pencils, note paper
* lunch or snacks to take with you
* what could you think of to use them for?

These bags can be found in  my shop here Kathisewnsew's Boutique



I have also been doing some crocheting, here are some of the things I've made recently and will be coming to my shop soon.
3 pairs of fingerless gloves or also known as wrist warmers
2 color blocked infinity scarfs
1 lacy seashell scarf
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thought I would share how I use my items to make life a little easier.
Below is a picture of my bag I take with me on the days I go to baby sit my grand daughter. I start with one of my denim and batik cotton large tote bags.  Inside I carry one of my zippered clutch purses to keep my wallet, ID, and other items (the pink with green and blue clutch).  Behind my clutch purse you will see my purple fingerless gloves I made.  I take one of  the cosmetic bags I made to keep some aspirin, hand lotion, band aids and medication if I need it (the denim bag with green pocket and zipper). I like having my aspirin and medication in a seperate small bag so that when I get to my daughters home I take that bag out first and keep it out of my grand daughters reach.


 Since taking these pictures I have added a couple more items to what I take.
I have a small cotton tote bag I use to pack my breakfast and lunch each day. and one of my reversable drawstring bag to put my glasses in when I'm not wearing them to keep them safe.
I prefer using my accessory bags to organize inside the big tote bag rather than lots of pockets.  With the accessory bags I can take it out if I need to.
What is an accessory bag?  They are a variety of types and sizes of bags to use for organizing.
Some have zippers for closure and others have drawstrings to close them.  I make small ones with a keyring to carry small items. I have long skinny ones that are great for hairbrushes, glasses. I make some with flat bottoms so they sit upright, great for cosmetics, make-up and such.  My zippered clutch purses are great little purses to carry or drop into a larger purse or tote bag.
Thanks for stopping by,
Kathi

Places to find me:

2 comments:

  1. Well, it’s really nice shared stuff here as well as for visiting lovers. I will go there for enjoying my time after ending my niagara fall trip from new york

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your grand child is so cute. I love it and now I want to say that I will make a blog like you of my sister pretty girl after finishing my tours las vegas

    ReplyDelete