Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Transforming ~ Hawaiian Floral Bag

I haven't posted anything in a while.  I'm trying to get an idea for how I'm doing this (this blog) and it just bores me to tears.  This is what I've come up with to try, every 2 or 3 days I will make a brief post (if I have a good topic it will be longer) and pics of the current project.  Now I have to say this, I am not a photographer and   I am not a writer.  So, if my pictures are a little blurry or I make a lot of grammatical errors I'm sorry, just look at my work.  I know how to sew, I am creative, I love to create, and I like to sell my pieces to people who will love them for years to come (I hope at least).  So this is what I've been creating lately.  I have taken another one of my purses that is all ready made and I am tranforming it into something better.

This is my Hawaiian floral bag / purse / tote (I made this bag last year and I have had it up for sale at my Artfire studio ) as it was:

















 I am adding ruffles to it.

































Those ar the strips that will be turned into nice flirty ruffles.


















and here I am working on hand sewing the second row of ruffles














so, I will finish sewing this row on and then make one more ruffle and hand sew it on.  Then I will handsew each ruffle one more time, this will help so it doesn't pull off.  I always try my best to make sure my purses and sewn items are sewn securely so that they don't fall apart. My purses are made to last.  Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment