Friday, June 25, 2010

What would you do?

Every once in a while something I make doesn't come out the way  I would like it to.  Ususally I give it away or stuff it in a drawer. So I've been thinking, most of the time there just fine they just have something that makes it less than perfect. Such as these:






































































These 2 mousepads are fine except the fabric isn't lying flat like I like it, it has a wavy effect.  I put them on my desk, and although they work just as well I just don't want to sell them like that.  One of the things I was thinking was doing a  pay it forward type of thing.  What I'm wondering about this is will people get them and think what a horrible seamstress I am, when all it is is a mistake.  Here is a bit of a side angle, maybe the waves are a bit visible this way.













I'm not sure what to do yet, but I will contemplate this a bit longer.
I thought I would show what else I'm working on now.  I needed a dress to wear to my nephew's wedding this summer, so I am going to make it.  Its not finished, but here is how it is at this point.

















And here is a close up of the pretty fabric.

















So, I think that will be nice for a beach wedding.  Looking forward to it.
Looks like its going to be a hot one today so, stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment