Wednesday, May 11, 2011

new clutch purse in progress

I stumbled upon some new fabric last week, it looks like a soft leather but its fabric.  I knew that I was going to start a new purse from this fabric.  I decided to make a clutch purse similar to this,

This little beauty was recently sold from my kathisewnsew handmade boutique, and is on its way to its new owner.  I always get nervous between the time I send it and the time they receive it, what if they don't like it, what if it gets lost in the mail, I don't know why I do this because I have not had a bad experience.  I love this bag, I think its unique, interesting, pretty, and something no one else will have.  I've never been the type of person that followed what others do.  I really think this is why I started making purses for myself & I know there must be others out there that like to be there own person also.

Well, back to the new purse, its this style, but different colors.  So here is a sneak peek of whats to come.

This is the slow time consuming process, attaching and reinforcing the cord.  I do this stitching all by hand with heavy duty thread.  Its kinda funny but I love the hand sewing part, its a relaxing thing for me.

Well, my dishes are screaming at me so I'm off to do dishes and clean house, then hopefully do some more work on this purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment