Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Candy canes & Christmas trees ...

... we made it through another one, it just seems that it comes quicker and quicker each year. 
I have been contemplating starting a little shop of my bags and beads at etsy.com. I've opened my account there and trying to decide what exactly I want there and what I want at artfire.com.  But, very recently I found out that artfire is going to let there basic acct. shops have unlimited items now (it use to be 12 items).  That was the biggest reason I was going to add a place at etsy.  During the holidays artfire let all the basic acct. holders have unlimited amount of listing.  I wish I could afford to be a verified member of artfire but until I start selling more I just can't.  I really like artfire and I am glad that I found them, there are many reasons I like selling there but one of the important things for me right now is the cost. I like that artfire has no listing fees & no final value fee, it lets me feel that the money I make (no matter how small right now) for my work is mine.  So now I need to decide whether or not to go forward with my plan to start an etsy shop.


These are a couple of pics of what I am working on right now.  This is my hubby's quilt I'm making for him, the top piece is about 1/2 way done, and yes it is going diagonal that was the plan.  I bought the fishing fabric on ebay from a nice person and I got a great deal (I'm always looking for deals).  I just didn't know what exactly I was going to make until earlier this month. He seems to really like it.  My plan is to have it finished by the middle of January, so that its still cold enough to use it.  I will post pictures when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment