Monday, January 18, 2010

Ideas .... Handmade Heat Therapy Bags

I had an idea recently about heat therapy bags.  The idea started because of a gift I bought for my daughter for Christmas.  She was in a car accident last year and got whiplash (shes doing much better), ok back to the gift, I bought her a heat therapy bag. A heat therapy bag is a cloth bag filled with something (like rice or flax seed) that can be heated in the microwave.  I will then make a cloth cover (kind of like a pillow case) that can be removed for laundering.   When I looked at it I thought I could make these.  I have so much fabric right now but, most of it wont work for my purses and I wouldn't like it for clothes for myself but, I think it would be great for this.  I've heard about using rice,  flax seed or even corn to fill them.  I ordered some essentual oils so that I can give them nice relaxing scents or leave some scent free.  I know rice would be ok for the scents but I'm not sure if flax seed has scent & if that would or wouldn't work with the oils.  The 2 scents I ordered are sweet orange, and lavender.  I will post pictures when I start making them, which hopefully will be in the next week or two.
Yesterday was a crazy day, Artfire was giving a lifetime pro membership to the 1,000,000 listing.  So I put together a group of my beaded jewelry and finished my newest purse, and took pictures of them all. and then started listing.  When I listed my giraffe trimmed wristlet, I decided to check what number they were at it was close I went back hit list item. ..................... ..........................................  I was 1,000,031 WOW that was close.  It was actually quite fun, I felt like I was part of something.  I havn't started doing the forums on artfire  yet, but I plan on it soon, I just get quite nervous about that kind of thing.  I just need to get over that. 
Here is some of the jewelry I listed yesterday.










No comments:

Post a Comment