Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fabric and Ribbon Tie-on Choker Necklace Colorful

 This is the first necklace in this style using fabric, ribbon and beads that I made, they have a bohemian feel to them.  This necklace ties on with a ribbon that is hand sewn all the way around. I used cotton fabric with a black background with bright colors.  It  can be worn snug like a choker or loose like a necklace. I added a beaded dangle on the front with greens, yellows and blues.   You can find this black boho choker necklace and all my other handmade bags and jewelry and more in my shop Kathisewnsew's Boutique.

This bohemian style choker necklace was hand sewn with two different black background with colorful floral print cotton fabrics and for a closure I sewed a black satin ribbon for tieing. I hand formed and stitched the necklace until it had a twisted look to it. I then formed a beaded pendant with coordinating beads and sewed it to the center of the fabric. I attached a black satin ribbon to the back of the necklace with the ribbon extending on each side of the fabric portion of the choker to tie it closed.
Measurements:
16 inches (twisted fabric part of the necklace)
33-1/2 inches (end to end of the ribbon)

1 comment: